DaCoSiDe - Database of Cognition and Social Interaction Descriptors
Curriculum development for the 21st century - the DaCoSiDe database
DaCoSiDe/ The Database of Descriptors of Cognition and Social Interaction is a database of descriptions of cognitive processes that allows the creation of different types of products in accordance with the DaCoSiDe reference framework.
- It forms the initial basis for the educational tools offered for the development of learners' competences.
- It defines competences for lifelong learning on the A1 to C2 development scale.
- It contains precise descriptions of communication, reasoning, cognitive and decision-making competences in the A1 to C2 development scale.
- It provides a basis for the development of reference frameworks.
The contribution of the DaCoSiDe database to education:
- a scientific and coherent approach to the concept of competence in all areas of thought and action
- clearly defined levels of competence development
- clearly defined and precisely described competences for the domains of thinking and acting on the A1 to C2 development scale
- contains all the elements necessary for the development of school curricula linked to competences (performance and content)
The DaCoSiDe methodology brings to school practice an approach that
- respects the individual learning potential of pupils,
- enables the pupil to achieve one of the levels of competences,
- offers the pupil the opportunity to experience a sense of achievement in learning,
- allows the teacher the freedom and the path to personal growth and professional success.
The experience of success contributes to the pupils' awareness that they are self-creating individuals in the classroom who are not merely passive recipients of ready-made knowledge.
The sense of achievement is deeply linked to the professional self-development of the teacher, who can use his/her full potential in the learning environment of his/her subject in accordance with the curriculum.
The DaCoSiDe methodology represents
- a starting point for the development of curriculum documents
- the basis for the development of educational tools for pupils and teachers
- a system of pilot-tested didactic practices for the development of teachers' professional competences aimed at their ability to develop pupils' competences for the 21st century
- a system of pilot-tested didactic practices to develop pupils' competences for the 21st century